Hello, and welcome!
I’m Elizabeth, and I’m set in my ways. I’m 47, will be 48 in September 2014. I have three adult children. I also have two wonderful grandsons. They’re four and nearly two years old, and I love them “To the Moon” and back. They live in Kentucky with their Mama, my youngest. My oldest lives with my parents in Tn. and they’re only about an hour or so away. My middle child, and only son currently lives with me and my SO.
I was born in Southwest Florida to a Commercial fishing family. By the time I was three years old I had lived in Fort Myers, Fl., Mobile, Al., Cameron, La., Corpus Christi, Tx.. and finally Chattanooga, Tn. I was two when we finally moved to Chattanooga and settled in. We lived there from 1968 until 1979 when my father passed away in a tragic accident. We moved back to Fort Myers and I stayed in Florida through my 20’s and into my 30’s. Now, I live in North Carolina. I don’t think I really ever want to live anywhere else but here. I have an aging aunt and two cousins nearby, the scenery couldn’t be better, and the people are amazing.
If you are still interested in hanging out, here are the 10 things I think people would be most interested to know:
- I am a girly girl. I like pink, and sparkle. I also have a very immense love for black – or The Black as I like to call it.
- I am a gamer girl, I love to play video games and am actually pretty good at it.
- I love my God, my family, and myself. I have an amazing live and I am living it to the fullest.
- I have been divorced three times, had two 10 + year relationships end and am not exactly sure I’ll ever really get over some of them.
- I am looking for the good in life, and learning to make my life mine and not the product of someone else’s design.
- We live with and are allowed to serve two very spoiled cats and one rotten dog.
- I have been through hell in my life and lived a lot of different roles; some of which I will discuss here.
- I have been in two seriously abusive relationships, and know what it feels like to want to take my own life to get away.
- I am learning how to accept the things I cannot change; and finding the strength to change the things I can.
- I want to share my journey to find myself and happiness with you.
I am also a Star-Trek geek, a Star-Wars geek, and a World of Warcraft geek. Yes, I do speak geek fluently and know exactly what LEET LOOT is. 😉 And I always use more dots. I know what a D10 die is for. I have table topped Marvel, Vampire the Masquerade, and White Wolf games.
I’m a recent convert from Xbox to Playstation (I know, I know…) and LOVE Portal! I also have a serious addiction to Half Life and Half Life 2… do you know who ate all the donuts?
I love to write, I am passionate about it. Until I lost my job five years ago, it was just that, a job… now it is a way to keep myself busy, and share my life with others. I also love to take photographs, good or bad – doesn’t matter! I started this blog as a way to collectively keep my family updated, share my writing and photography with others, and to make new friends.
Here you might find my unique take on life with the severely emotionally disabled, or pictures of my Pomeranian hopping around the yard like a rabbit. You might find heartfelt and poignant discussions on suicide and death, or stories about my childhood. It’s pretty much a crap shoot!
So, enough about me – what about you, dear reader? Pull up a chair, tell me about yourself! I’ve got the coffee waiting… cream or sugar?