Justice is one of those things that all special needs parents search for daily.
We look for it in doctors, therapists, schools, and social situations. We hope that it is sought by all that come in contact with our child. We want nothing more than for our child to receive a fair and balanced education, therapy, and medical.
We want him to understand that most people are in his corner, fighting for his rights. Not everyone wants to put him in a box on a shelf and forget about him.
For us, justice is a great doctor who listens to us when we say the medication isn’t working. It is a therapist who pushes a little harder each meeting to get to the root of the problem. It is a teacher who refuses to give up on him simply because he melts down and can’t do his work three days out of five. It is a system of care that actually cares about our family – and does everything in its power to help us get what’s right for our son.
- G – is for Greatness A-Z Blog Challenge Day 7 (magimomsblog.wordpress.com)
- Things your child can teach you. (magimomsblog.wordpress.com)
- Autism on the Seas Launches First Special Needs Group Cruise Aboard Carnival Cruise Lines (prweb.com)
- Fun and Function Named to the Philadelphia 100 for Second Consecutive Year (prweb.com)
- Galatians 6:7 (gracegalatians.wordpress.com)
- (Luke 18:1-8 ESV) (wjd4u.wordpress.com)