Yeah, I woke up this morning in not such a great mood… We’re broke, I mean honestly and totally broke. Which means no gas, no laundry, no dishes, no nothing… Not to mention that I’ve been a smoker for 30 years – and now I am a “forced” non-smoker. Nothing worse. I’m an evil bitch from hell and everyone around me is running for cover!
So I was way, way tickled to get up and find an award for my blog sitting in my comments!
M – at Betty Crapper, one of my favorite cooking blogs has awarded me with this:
It is so nice to be recognized as a Blog with Substance! I try very hard to post things that are interesting and relevant to my readers, while maintaining my integrity as a writer. I write for myself, with my readers in mind – if that makes sense.
So as part of this award I have a couple of things to do:
The guidelines for accepting this award are:
- thank the person who gave you the award.
- sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience in/with five words.
- choose ten other blogs you consider to have substance.
So without further ado:
1. Thank you so very much M@Betty Crapper – I really appreciate your bloggy love and comments! You are one of my constant readers, and for that I am truly thankful!!!
2. Blogging philosophy, motivation, experience in 5 words??? – Ok… M you’ve been reading long enough to know that five words just don’t work for me… right? I’ll try:
- Release (as in release the muse that talks in my ear… all. the. time. this is motivation)
- Writing (as in I love to write, and this is my outlet for that – aside from the 7 novels I’ve started and left behind inspiration/motivation)
- Relevance (as in I try to maintain a relevance to my audience, while writing what I want to write. Philosophy)
- Enjoyment (this is what I get out of writing my blog, reading comments, and visiting those who visit me – this is both motivation and philosophy – If I don’t enjoy what I’m writing, chances are you won’t enjoy reading it).
- Fulfillment (this is another thing I get out of writing – I feel fulfilled! I’m letting my muse speak, and boy does she have a lot to say! This is inspiration, and motivation to write more)
Now, for the good stuff 10 people who’s blogs are A Blog of Substance:
- Momma May be Mad
- The Lumberjacks Wife
- Our Front Door
- Blogging Dangerously
- Free Anissa
- Momma’s Pixie Dreams
- The Daily Dribbles
- Never Growing Old
- Confessions of a Young Married Couple
- Scary Mommy
Stop by these wonderful blogs and show some love folks – and check out BettyCrapper for some AWESOME recipes and cooking tips!
And I just have to say one word about the top blog on this list: Momma May Be Mad. If you don’t visit any other blog on this list – please go here. I won’t tell the story – that is hers to tell – but let me just say she is one of the most inspiring bloggers I read – she’s traveled a long hard road and while her journey is far from over the stories of the journey on her blog are so gut wrenchingly real. She’s a true inspiration- and a wonderfully talented writer. Please, show some love!