Well, I spent a good portion of the morning redoing the blog theme… the only thing I’m unhappy about is the black text that I can’t get rid of. I cannot wait until I am working again and can afford to purchase my own domain to host this puppy on so I can be more creative… as well as having a shopping cart for my jewelry stuff. It will be awesome.
So here’s a weekly wrap up of all things going on around Magimom’s Place:
- Our Girl and Guy got together yesterday and made my kitchen spotless! I was wonderfully impressed, and sufficiently grateful. It meant all I had to do was pop a pork roast in the oven and it was dinner! YAY ME!
- Jon went out with friends last night – just to hang out – he tried to get dear S from the party to go with – unfortunately she wrecked her car on the way to a graduation, and now they’re out a ride to Bonnaroo – which my son paid $500 for tickets to. Sad, but true – now we’re scrambling to get them transportation to Manchester TN the weekend of the 10th of June, I don’t want for him to miss this opportunity to go have a blast…
- My baby got sick last night… really, really sick – I would say “sick as a dog” but since he is a dog… it doesn’t really make much sense. We compost everything around here – food, paper, leaves, anything that’s biodegradable. I had the kids clean out the fridge the other day and dump compost. Well, they did, and Footnote decided that the meat, cheese, sour cream, and pasta casserole that was out there for DAYS looked like a good meal. I had no idea, although Our Guy got an earful when I discovered he had WATCHED him eat this shit!!! Anyway, about five yesterday afternoon he started puking, shaking, and looking really bad. He vomited several times, and then just went lethargic. I was so worried – I fed him water and stuff for a couple of hours, then went to bed. All the while thinking I might wake up with a Zombie dog under the covers… but that’s a story for another time – anywho, he apparently has a very strong constitution, because during the night he got down, ate, pooped (on my BATHROOM floor) and got back on the bed by himself… this morning he was full of it, ready to play and dance around, so I guess we dodged a bullet, and we’ll be much more vigilant about the compost pile for as long as we are here!
- I spent an hour brushing our big dog Bosco because he was decidedly shaggy. He had big patches of undercoat shedding and I swear he looked like a big black sheep. He has been restored to his former doggy glory!
- I’ve made a TON of jewelry this week, and will hopefully be uploading new photos to my jewelry page soon! Again, just wish I could get a shopping cart or etsy so that I could sell this stuff… I learned a new trick for crocheting with jewelery wire, and let me tell you – this stuff comes out beautifully!
- I’m tired today, actually bone tired. My feet hurt really bad – probably because I was on them all day yesterday packing my room. I did manage to get two more boxes in there packed and ready, and a few other things done – so all in all it’s been a fairly productive week of packing, and since we’ve not heard a word on the house sale yet, that’s ok. I just hope I don’t get stuck with a huge packing job when it does sell… you know we’re closing in a week and you have to be ready to leave when we sign the papers…
So that’s it for my week – how’s yours been?
***********EDITED to add********
I have a new button over in the side bar for Over 40 Bloggers! I love this concept – it will so put me in touch with others in my age group, can’t wait to get started on the Over 40 Friday Follow! YAY!